Close Menu
Vardiafrica
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Air Force One to Be Repainted For the First Time in 50 Years in President Trump’s Preferred Colors

February 18, 2026

Tinubu Issues Executive Order To Safeguard Oil And Gas Revenues, Direct Payments To Federation Account

February 18, 2026

President Tinubu signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2026 into law

February 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Air Force One to Be Repainted For the First Time in 50 Years in President Trump’s Preferred Colors
  • Tinubu Issues Executive Order To Safeguard Oil And Gas Revenues, Direct Payments To Federation Account
  • President Tinubu signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2026 into law
  • Remittance of 1% Nigerian Content Levy Still Mandatory – NCDMB
  • ‘Promote Peace, Pray For Security Of Our Nation,’ Tinubu Tells Nigerians At Lent, Ramadan
  • SAIPEC 2026: NCDMB sets agenda for Africa’s local content future
  • Social media suspended in Gabon ‘until further notice’
  • Senate Amends Electoral Act to Grant INEC Timetable Flexibility Amid Ramadan Concerns
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
VardiafricaVardiafrica
Demo
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance
Vardiafrica
Home»Trending»Former President Goodluck Jonathan Safe, Out Of Guinea-Bissau, FG Confirms
Trending

Former President Goodluck Jonathan Safe, Out Of Guinea-Bissau, FG Confirms

VardiafricaBy VardiafricaNovember 27, 2025Updated:November 27, 2025No Comments3 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has departed Guinea-Bissau, following the coup that led to the overtake of government in the West African country.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs also confirmed that Jonathan left on a special flight with members of his delegation and is safe.

“Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is very safe and out of Guinea-Bissau. He left with a special flight with members of his delegation, including Ibm Chambas,” the spokesperson for the ministry, Kimiebi Ebienfa, said.

Jonathan, who chairs the West African Elders Forum Election Observation Mission, was in the country monitoring last Sunday’s presidential and legislative elections before the military announced the seizure of power.

Military officers in Guinea-Bissau had on Wednesday taken “total control” of the country while suspending its electoral process and closing its borders, three days after the poverty-stricken West African nation’s legislative and presidential elections.

In the early afternoon, General Denis N’Canha, head of the presidential military office, told members of the press that a command “composed of all branches of the armed forces, was taking over the leadership of the country until further notice”.

They arrested incumbent President Umaro Embalo, who had been favoured to win Sunday’s election.

On Thursday, the military appointed the chief of staff of the army, General Horta N’Tam, as the country’s new leader for the duration of one year

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Vardiafrica
  • Website
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • Instagram

Related Posts

N432bn probe: EFCC extends El-Rufai detention

February 18, 2026

US warns visa fraud, overstays by Nigerians may attract stricter scrutiny

February 18, 2026

Former Gov El-Rufai Raises Alarm Over Alleged Plan To Arrest Him

February 12, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202495

Trump set for White House return, vows to sign 100 Executive Orders in ‘Hours’ 

January 20, 202549

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 202543

You rejected party structure’ – PDP knocks Fubara, says Rivers Gov, Bala Mohammed may face disciplinary action

October 15, 202442
Don't Miss
World
World By VardiafricaFebruary 18, 20263 Mins Read0

Air Force One to Be Repainted For the First Time in 50 Years in President Trump’s Preferred Colors

By VardiafricaFebruary 18, 20260 World Updated:February 18, 202603 Mins Read

The US presidential jet is getting a new paint design that will include one of…

Tinubu Issues Executive Order To Safeguard Oil And Gas Revenues, Direct Payments To Federation Account

February 18, 2026

President Tinubu signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2026 into law

February 18, 2026

Remittance of 1% Nigerian Content Levy Still Mandatory – NCDMB

February 18, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us
About Us

Your source for the verified news.

Email Us: info@vardiafrica.com
Contact: +234 905 338 5856

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Air Force One to Be Repainted For the First Time in 50 Years in President Trump’s Preferred Colors

February 18, 2026

Tinubu Issues Executive Order To Safeguard Oil And Gas Revenues, Direct Payments To Federation Account

February 18, 2026

President Tinubu signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2026 into law

February 18, 2026
Most Popular

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202495

Trump set for White House return, vows to sign 100 Executive Orders in ‘Hours’ 

January 20, 202549

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 202543

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.