Close Menu
Vardiafrica
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Guardiola to step down after incredible decade as City Manager

May 22, 2026

NCDMB rallies Stakeholders to Deepen Local Content in Midstream/Downstream Sectors

May 22, 2026

APC Announces Direct Mode For Presidential Primary, Fubara, Other Govs Named State Coordinators

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Guardiola to step down after incredible decade as City Manager
  • NCDMB rallies Stakeholders to Deepen Local Content in Midstream/Downstream Sectors
  • APC Announces Direct Mode For Presidential Primary, Fubara, Other Govs Named State Coordinators
  • APC Gov Primaries: Lawal, Sani, Yusuf, Radda, Oborevwori, Chinda, Hamzat, Alli Clinch Tickets
  • Gov Fubara Vows To Complete All Ongoing State Projects
  • Trump directs legal migrants to return to home country to apply for green cards
  • Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar
  • FG launches AI platform to improve access to government information, services on WhatsApp
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
VardiafricaVardiafrica
Demo
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance
Vardiafrica
Home»Politics»World»‘Serious escalation’: World reacts to Iran’s drone, missile raids on Israel
World

‘Serious escalation’: World reacts to Iran’s drone, missile raids on Israel

VardiafricaBy VardiafricaApril 14, 2024Updated:April 14, 2024No Comments4 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Countries around the world condemned Iran’s strikes on Israel late Saturday, warning the attack threatened to further destabilise the Middle East.

Here are some of the main reactions so far:

 United States

US President Joe Biden promised “ironclad” support for Israel after holding an urgent meeting with top security officials.

“I just met with my national security team for an update on Iran’s attacks against Israel. Our commitment to Israel’s security against threats from Iran and its proxies is ironclad,” Biden said on X, formerly Twitter, posting a picture of the meeting in the White House Situation Room.

 Qatar

Qatar expressed “deep concern” following the strikes and called on “all parties to halt escalation” and “exercise maximum restraint”. The gas-rich emirate, which has been engaged in weeks of talks with Israel and Hamas and mediated a hostage exchange between Tehran and Washinton in September urged the international community to “take urgent action to defuse the tension and de-escalate.”

 Britain

UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak condemned the “reckless” strikes, which he said “risk inflaming tensions and destabilising the region. Iran has once again demonstrated that it is intent on sowing chaos in its own backyard.”

 European Union

The European Union’s foreign affairs chief Josep Borrell said the strikes were “an unprecedented escalation and a grave threat to regional security” in a message on X.

 United Nations

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres condemned “the serious escalation represented by the large-scale attack launched on Israel by the Islamic Republic of Iran”.

“I am deeply alarmed about the very real danger of a devastating region-wide escalation,” he added, calling on parties to “avoid any action that could lead to major military confrontations on multiple fronts in the Middle East”

 Egypt

Cairo’s foreign ministry expressed its “deep concern” at the escalation of hostilities and called for “maximum restraint”.

The ministry’s statement also warned of the “risk of the regional expansion of the conflict”, and added that Egypt would be “in direct contact with all parties to the conflict to try and contain the situation”.

 Saudi Arabia

The Saudi foreign ministry voiced its concern at the “military escalation” and called on “all parties to exercise utmost restraint and spare the region and its peoples from the dangers of war”.

It went on to urge the UN Security Council “to assume its responsibility towards maintaining international peace and security”.

 China

China’s foreign ministry also urged restraint, characterising the attack as “the latest spillover of the Gaza conflict” and calling for the implementation of a recent UN Security Council resolution demanding a ceasefire there, saying the “conflict must end now”.

“China calls on the international community, especially countries with influence, to play a constructive role for the peace and stability of the region,” it added.

 France

French President Emmanuel Macron condemned the attack, and urged restraint.

“I condemn in the strongest terms the unprecedented attack launched by Iran against Israel, which carries the risk of destabilising the region,” Macron said on X.

“This is an expression of my solidarity with the Israeli people and of the importance we attach to the security of Israel, of our partners and to regional stability,” he said. “France is working with its partners towards de-escalation and calls for restraint.”

 Germany

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz condemned the Iranian attack as “irresponsible and unjustifiable,” saying “Iran risks a regional conflagration,” his spokesman  Steffen Hebestreit said.

“In these difficult times, Germany stands by Israel’s side,” added Hebestreit.

 Canada

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Ottawa “unequivocally condemns Iran’s airborne attacks”, adding: “We stand with Israel.”

 Spain

Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez called for restraint, saying Madrid “will always condemn all forms of violence which threaten the security and the well-being of innocent civilians.”

“The response from all international leaders requires responsibility and restraint. We must learn the lessons of history and find a means of resolving conflicts diplomatically, avoiding further escalation at all costs,” he said

 Italy

Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni Meloni condemned the attack and said she feared “destabilisation of the region” which “we are continuing to work to avoid.”

 Ukraine

Ukraine’s foreign ministry said Kyiv “strongly condemns Iran’s massive air attack” which also “demonstrates why it is critical that all of the free world’s forces are consolidated to defend the global borders of democracy.”

AFP

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Vardiafrica
  • Website
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • Instagram

Related Posts

Guardiola to step down after incredible decade as City Manager

May 22, 2026

Trump directs legal migrants to return to home country to apply for green cards

May 22, 2026

FIFA holds ‘positive’ talks with Iranian football officials on World Cup

May 18, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 2025125

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202496

Trump set for White House return, vows to sign 100 Executive Orders in ‘Hours’ 

January 20, 202550

You rejected party structure’ – PDP knocks Fubara, says Rivers Gov, Bala Mohammed may face disciplinary action

October 15, 202450
Don't Miss
Sports
Sports By VardiafricaMay 22, 20268 Mins Read2

Guardiola to step down after incredible decade as City Manager

By VardiafricaMay 22, 20262 Sports Updated:May 22, 202608 Mins Read

Pep Guardiola will step down as Manager of Manchester City this summer. The Catalan, who…

NCDMB rallies Stakeholders to Deepen Local Content in Midstream/Downstream Sectors

May 22, 2026

APC Announces Direct Mode For Presidential Primary, Fubara, Other Govs Named State Coordinators

May 22, 2026

APC Gov Primaries: Lawal, Sani, Yusuf, Radda, Oborevwori, Chinda, Hamzat, Alli Clinch Tickets

May 22, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us
About Us

Your source for the verified news.

Email Us: [email protected]
Contact: +234 905 338 5856

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Guardiola to step down after incredible decade as City Manager

May 22, 2026

NCDMB rallies Stakeholders to Deepen Local Content in Midstream/Downstream Sectors

May 22, 2026

APC Announces Direct Mode For Presidential Primary, Fubara, Other Govs Named State Coordinators

May 22, 2026
Most Popular

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 2025125

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202496

Trump set for White House return, vows to sign 100 Executive Orders in ‘Hours’ 

January 20, 202550

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.