Close Menu
Vardiafrica
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

EU Releases €2.3m to Fight Cholera As Nigeria Gets €1.5m

August 17, 2026

NARD recommends 48-hour work week for resident doctors ‘to prevent burnout’

August 17, 2026

NDLEA destroys N301bn worth of cocaine, heroin, opioids, others in Lagos

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • EU Releases €2.3m to Fight Cholera As Nigeria Gets €1.5m
  • NARD recommends 48-hour work week for resident doctors ‘to prevent burnout’
  • NDLEA destroys N301bn worth of cocaine, heroin, opioids, others in Lagos
  • NDDC MD asks youths to use AI to drive Niger Delta’s shift from oil to digital economy
  • NCAA to Automate Baggage Tracking to Eliminate Missing Luggage, Delays
  • Airtel and Elon Musk’s Starlink launch Africa’s first satellite-to-phone service in DRC
  • President Tinubu congratulates Gov Adeleke, says victory reflects people’s will
  • FG Unveils Mechanization Policy, Targets 4,000 Tractors Annually
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
VardiafricaVardiafrica
Demo
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance
Vardiafrica
Home»Politics»World»Israel launches strikes in Gaza after accusing Hamas of ceasefire violation and hostage staging
World

Israel launches strikes in Gaza after accusing Hamas of ceasefire violation and hostage staging

VardiafricaBy VardiafricaOctober 29, 2025Updated:October 29, 2025No Comments5 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Israeli strikes in Gaza have killed at least nine people after Israel accused Hamas of violating the US-brokered ceasefire deal and staging the discovery of a deceased hostage. 

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the military to carry out “immediate, powerful strikes in the Gaza Strip,” his office announced, a decision that was communicated to the US.

The Israeli military claimed that Hamas attacked Israeli troops with RPG and sniper fire east of the “yellow line” in the Rafah area of southern Gaza. Defense Minister Israel Katz stated that Hamas would pay a “heavy price” for the attack on Israel Defense Forces (IDF) soldiers and vowed a response “with great force

Israel launches strikes in Gaza after accusing Hamas of ceasefire violation and hostage staging


Earlier on Tuesday, October 28, Netanyahu’s office said Hamas was in “clear violation” of the ceasefire after returning remains to Israel that did not belong to any of the 13 hostages still unaccounted for.

Adding to the controversy, the IDF released a drone video that it claims shows Hamas operatives burying a body wrapped in a white cloth in Gaza City and then staging its discovery in front of the Red Cross.

The nearly 15-minute clip appears to show three men dragging the shroud, covering it with dirt, and then uncovering it moments later as Red Cross officials arrive on the scene. The military asserted this was an attempt by Hamas to “create a false impression of efforts to locate the bodies” of the remaining deceased hostages.

The Red Cross responded by saying its team was “not aware that a deceased person had been placed there prior to their arrival,” calling the staged recovery “unacceptable” when so many families are anxiously waiting for news. The organization stated it agreed to operate as an intermediary “in good faith” despite the challenging situation in Gaza.

Following Israel’s decision to carry out new strikes, the armed wing of Hamas announced it would postpone the handover of a hostage’s body recovered in southern Gaza, citing Israel’s “violations.”


The militant group warned that any Israeli escalation would “hinder search and excavation operations and the retrieval of bodies” of the deceased Israeli hostages.


Hamas had been scheduled to transfer the remains of a deceased hostage pulled from a tunnel in Khan Younis.


The recovery of a second body in Nuseirat, found in the rubble of a building from an Israeli rescue operation in June 2024, has also raised fresh questions, as the location has been geolocated to the same building, despite Israel and the US denying that hostages were killed during that mission.


Despite the bloodshed and accusations, US Vice President JD Vance insisted the ceasefire was still holding and that the president had achieved a “historic peace” in the Middle East, adding, “That doesn’t mean that there aren’t going to be little skirmishes here and there.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Vardiafrica
  • Website
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • Instagram

Related Posts

Airtel and Elon Musk’s Starlink launch Africa’s first satellite-to-phone service in DRC

August 16, 2026

Nationals of 4 African countries in US face deportation risk as Trump ends temporary protection

August 16, 2026

China pledges N40bn grant for Devt projects in Nigeria

August 14, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 2025456

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202497

You rejected party structure’ – PDP knocks Fubara, says Rivers Gov, Bala Mohammed may face disciplinary action

October 15, 202453

Trump set for White House return, vows to sign 100 Executive Orders in ‘Hours’ 

January 20, 202551
Don't Miss
Health
Health By VardiafricaAugust 17, 20262 Mins Read1

EU Releases €2.3m to Fight Cholera As Nigeria Gets €1.5m

By VardiafricaAugust 17, 20261 Health Updated:August 17, 202602 Mins Read

The European Commission has released €2.3 million in emergency humanitarian funding to Nigeria, Cameroon, the…

NARD recommends 48-hour work week for resident doctors ‘to prevent burnout’

August 17, 2026

NDLEA destroys N301bn worth of cocaine, heroin, opioids, others in Lagos

August 17, 2026

NDDC MD asks youths to use AI to drive Niger Delta’s shift from oil to digital economy

August 17, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us
About Us

Your source for the verified news.

Email Us: [email protected]
Contact: +234 905 338 5856

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

EU Releases €2.3m to Fight Cholera As Nigeria Gets €1.5m

August 17, 2026

NARD recommends 48-hour work week for resident doctors ‘to prevent burnout’

August 17, 2026

NDLEA destroys N301bn worth of cocaine, heroin, opioids, others in Lagos

August 17, 2026
Most Popular

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 2025456

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202497

You rejected party structure’ – PDP knocks Fubara, says Rivers Gov, Bala Mohammed may face disciplinary action

October 15, 202453

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.