Close Menu
Vardiafrica
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

EU Releases €2.3m to Fight Cholera As Nigeria Gets €1.5m

August 17, 2026

NARD recommends 48-hour work week for resident doctors ‘to prevent burnout’

August 17, 2026

NDLEA destroys N301bn worth of cocaine, heroin, opioids, others in Lagos

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • EU Releases €2.3m to Fight Cholera As Nigeria Gets €1.5m
  • NARD recommends 48-hour work week for resident doctors ‘to prevent burnout’
  • NDLEA destroys N301bn worth of cocaine, heroin, opioids, others in Lagos
  • NDDC MD asks youths to use AI to drive Niger Delta’s shift from oil to digital economy
  • NCAA to Automate Baggage Tracking to Eliminate Missing Luggage, Delays
  • Airtel and Elon Musk’s Starlink launch Africa’s first satellite-to-phone service in DRC
  • President Tinubu congratulates Gov Adeleke, says victory reflects people’s will
  • FG Unveils Mechanization Policy, Targets 4,000 Tractors Annually
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
VardiafricaVardiafrica
Demo
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance
Vardiafrica
Home»Politics»World»Iran launches missiles at Israel in first since ceasefire
World

Iran launches missiles at Israel in first since ceasefire

VardiafricaBy VardiafricaJune 7, 2026Updated:June 7, 2026No Comments3 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Israel said Sunday that Iran launched missiles at it in the first such bombardment since a fragile ceasefire took effect in early April, further complicating mediation efforts for a deal to end the war.

Iran’s state broadcaster confirmed the missile launches and cited the armed forces as saying that “if Israel responds to Iranian attacks or does not stop its attacks on Lebanon, Iranian attacks will continue.”

Israel’s military said it intercepted all missiles from Iran but warned “the defense is not hermetic,” adding that sirens sounded in several areas of the country. Multiple explosions were heard in northern Israel, but there was no immediate comment from the Iranian-backed Hezbollah, which often fires at the area.

There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage in Israel. The White House did not immediately respond to messages about the missile launches.

Tehran had warned of retaliation after Israel on Sunday struck Beirut’s southern suburbs without warning in defiance of Washington’s request days ago to stand down. Israel called it retaliation for Hezbollah firing at northern Israel earlier in the day.

Israel’s attack on Beirut came a few days after the Lebanese and Israeli governments agreed to a ceasefire in U.S.-hosted talks, though Hezbollah rejected the deal. The strike on a residential building killed two people and wounded 20, Lebanon’s health ministry said.

Iran had warned that an attack on Beirut would renew full-scale war across the Mideast, even as Pakistan tries to restart talks between Tehran and Washington. Iran wants a deal to include ending the war in Lebanon.

“U.S. forces across the Middle East remain vigilant and ready,” the U.S. Central Command posted on X shortly before the missile launches.

Associated Press journalists heard loud explosions in the sky over Damascus. State media in Syria attributed the booms to Israeli air defenses.

Israel’s strikes and ground invasion in Lebanon in pursuit of Hezbollah, and the militant group’s resistance to disarming, have complicated an overall deal to end the war in the Middle East. Iran says any deal must include an end to fighting in Lebanon.

The White House did not comment on Israel’s strike in Beirut. Israel on Monday had announced it would strike the southern suburbs of Lebanon’s capital, but urgent talks via Washington halted that on the condition that Hezbollah stop targeting Israeli border towns

Hezbollah on Sunday night claimed responsibility for firing at Israel earlier in the day.

Hezbollah wants the direct talks between Lebanon and Israel to end and instead supports Iran’s stance that an overall ceasefire deal between Tehran and Washington include the situation in Lebanon.

Mediation efforts on that larger deal continued Sunday as Pakistan’s interior minister visited Iran to talk with officials and Egypt said its foreign minister and his Qatari counterpart discussed “proposed elements” of a potential agreement, with no details.

U.S. President Donald Trump did not comment on the war Sunday, but in an interview with NBC’s “Meet the Press” that aired after a Friday taping he said he would like to see a “more surgical attack on Hezbollah.” He also said he was “not demanding” that Lebanon be part of an overall ceasefire deal in the Iran war.

Meanwhile, Iran continued to assert its grip on the Strait of Hormuz and the U.S. continued its blockade of Iranian ports, with shipments of oil, natural gas and fertilizer affected and the global economy in pain.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who faces elections later this year, wants to press ahead with Israel’s offensive until he believes Hezbollah no longer poses a threat.

Mediation efforts continued

Pakistan’s interior minister, Mohsin Naqvi, was delivering a message to Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Mojtaba Khamenei from Pakistan’s army chief Field Marshal Asim Munir, according to Iran’s state-run IRNA news agency. There were no details on the message’s contents.

Khamenei has not been seen in public since he was named the Islamic Republic’s ruler after his father was killed on Feb. 28, when Israeli and U.S. strikes sparked the war.

Pakistani authorities have said Islamabad, with support from regional countries including Qatar, Turkey and Egypt, is working to help bridge differences between the United States and Iran.

In Cairo, the Egyptian and Qatari foreign ministers discussed “proposed elements” of a potential agreement between the U.S. and Iran, Egypt’s foreign ministry said, without details.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Vardiafrica
  • Website
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • Instagram

Related Posts

Airtel and Elon Musk’s Starlink launch Africa’s first satellite-to-phone service in DRC

August 16, 2026

Nationals of 4 African countries in US face deportation risk as Trump ends temporary protection

August 16, 2026

China pledges N40bn grant for Devt projects in Nigeria

August 14, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 2025456

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202497

You rejected party structure’ – PDP knocks Fubara, says Rivers Gov, Bala Mohammed may face disciplinary action

October 15, 202453

Trump set for White House return, vows to sign 100 Executive Orders in ‘Hours’ 

January 20, 202551
Don't Miss
Health
Health By VardiafricaAugust 17, 20262 Mins Read1

EU Releases €2.3m to Fight Cholera As Nigeria Gets €1.5m

By VardiafricaAugust 17, 20261 Health Updated:August 17, 202602 Mins Read

The European Commission has released €2.3 million in emergency humanitarian funding to Nigeria, Cameroon, the…

NARD recommends 48-hour work week for resident doctors ‘to prevent burnout’

August 17, 2026

NDLEA destroys N301bn worth of cocaine, heroin, opioids, others in Lagos

August 17, 2026

NDDC MD asks youths to use AI to drive Niger Delta’s shift from oil to digital economy

August 17, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us
About Us

Your source for the verified news.

Email Us: [email protected]
Contact: +234 905 338 5856

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

EU Releases €2.3m to Fight Cholera As Nigeria Gets €1.5m

August 17, 2026

NARD recommends 48-hour work week for resident doctors ‘to prevent burnout’

August 17, 2026

NDLEA destroys N301bn worth of cocaine, heroin, opioids, others in Lagos

August 17, 2026
Most Popular

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 2025456

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202497

You rejected party structure’ – PDP knocks Fubara, says Rivers Gov, Bala Mohammed may face disciplinary action

October 15, 202453

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.