Close Menu
Vardiafrica
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Air Force One to Be Repainted For the First Time in 50 Years in President Trump’s Preferred Colors

February 18, 2026

Tinubu Issues Executive Order To Safeguard Oil And Gas Revenues, Direct Payments To Federation Account

February 18, 2026

President Tinubu signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2026 into law

February 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Air Force One to Be Repainted For the First Time in 50 Years in President Trump’s Preferred Colors
  • Tinubu Issues Executive Order To Safeguard Oil And Gas Revenues, Direct Payments To Federation Account
  • President Tinubu signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2026 into law
  • Remittance of 1% Nigerian Content Levy Still Mandatory – NCDMB
  • ‘Promote Peace, Pray For Security Of Our Nation,’ Tinubu Tells Nigerians At Lent, Ramadan
  • SAIPEC 2026: NCDMB sets agenda for Africa’s local content future
  • Social media suspended in Gabon ‘until further notice’
  • Senate Amends Electoral Act to Grant INEC Timetable Flexibility Amid Ramadan Concerns
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
VardiafricaVardiafrica
Demo
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance
Vardiafrica
Home»Security»Detained Officers To Face Military Trial Over Alleged Coup Plot to overthrow Govt
Security

Detained Officers To Face Military Trial Over Alleged Coup Plot to overthrow Govt

VardiafricaBy VardiafricaJanuary 26, 2026Updated:January 26, 2026No Comments1 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Nigerian military has confirmed that findings from an investigation into 16 detained personnel have linked some officers to an alleged attempted coup to overthrow the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

The confirmation followed the conclusion of investigations into allegations of indiscipline and breaches of service regulations involving the officers. According to the military, officers against whom substantial evidence has been established will be formally arraigned before a military judicial panel to face trial in line with existing laws.

In a statement titled “Update on Disciplinary Cases Involving Sixteen Officers Investigated for Indiscipline, Breach of Service Regulations,” the Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, said investigations into the matter had been completed and the final report submitted to appropriate superior authorities for further action.

He recalled that in October 2025, the Defence Headquarters had announced the arrest of the 16 officers over alleged acts of indiscipline and violations of military codes.

“The Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) wishes to inform the general public that investigations into the matter have now concluded, and the final report has been submitted to the appropriate superior authorities for further action, as per established military regulations,” the statement said.

Major General Uba explained that the investigation was conducted meticulously in line with rigorous military procedures, examining both the conduct of the officers and the circumstances surrounding the alleged coup attempt.

According to him, the findings revealed that several officers were implicated in actions aimed at destabilising the government, conduct he described as incompatible with the values, ethics and professional standards of the Armed Forces.

He stated that officers found culpable would be subjected to trial by a military panel in accordance with the Armed Forces Act and other relevant legal frameworks, with assurances that fairness and due process would be upheld.

The military added that the disciplinary measures form part of an ongoing effort to preserve institutional integrity and operational effectiveness.

“In line with the AFN’s core principles, the measures currently in progress are designed to reinforce discipline and preserve the operational readiness of the force,” Uba said.

He stressed that the Armed Forces remain committed to professionalism, loyalty and respect for Nigeria’s constitutional order, adding that maintaining constitutional authority is central to safeguarding national stability.

The military had earlier denied reports of a coup plot, stating at the time that the detained officers were being investigated strictly for indiscipline and breaches of service regulations.

Then Acting Director of Defence Information, Brigadier General Tukur Gusau, had described the probe as a routine internal process aimed at ensuring discipline and professionalism within the ranks, noting that the outcome would be made public at the conclusion of the investigation

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Vardiafrica
  • Website
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • Instagram

Related Posts

Insecurity: DHQ Confirms Arrival Of 100 US Military Trainers, Equipment In Nigeria

February 18, 2026

First batch of US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria

February 15, 2026

FG Redeploys Police From VIP Escorts To Frontline Security After Kwara Attack

February 13, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202495

Trump set for White House return, vows to sign 100 Executive Orders in ‘Hours’ 

January 20, 202549

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 202543

You rejected party structure’ – PDP knocks Fubara, says Rivers Gov, Bala Mohammed may face disciplinary action

October 15, 202442
Don't Miss
World
World By VardiafricaFebruary 18, 20263 Mins Read0

Air Force One to Be Repainted For the First Time in 50 Years in President Trump’s Preferred Colors

By VardiafricaFebruary 18, 20260 World Updated:February 18, 202603 Mins Read

The US presidential jet is getting a new paint design that will include one of…

Tinubu Issues Executive Order To Safeguard Oil And Gas Revenues, Direct Payments To Federation Account

February 18, 2026

President Tinubu signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2026 into law

February 18, 2026

Remittance of 1% Nigerian Content Levy Still Mandatory – NCDMB

February 18, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us
About Us

Your source for the verified news.

Email Us: info@vardiafrica.com
Contact: +234 905 338 5856

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Air Force One to Be Repainted For the First Time in 50 Years in President Trump’s Preferred Colors

February 18, 2026

Tinubu Issues Executive Order To Safeguard Oil And Gas Revenues, Direct Payments To Federation Account

February 18, 2026

President Tinubu signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2026 into law

February 18, 2026
Most Popular

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202495

Trump set for White House return, vows to sign 100 Executive Orders in ‘Hours’ 

January 20, 202549

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 202543

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.