- Air Force One to Be Repainted For the First Time in 50 Years in President Trump’s Preferred Colors
- Tinubu Issues Executive Order To Safeguard Oil And Gas Revenues, Direct Payments To Federation Account
- President Tinubu signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2026 into law
- Remittance of 1% Nigerian Content Levy Still Mandatory – NCDMB
- ‘Promote Peace, Pray For Security Of Our Nation,’ Tinubu Tells Nigerians At Lent, Ramadan
- SAIPEC 2026: NCDMB sets agenda for Africa’s local content future
- Social media suspended in Gabon ‘until further notice’
- Senate Amends Electoral Act to Grant INEC Timetable Flexibility Amid Ramadan Concerns
Author: Vardiafrica
The National Industrial Court has ordered striking workers of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) to immediately suspend their ongoing industrial action and return to work. Justice Emmanuel Subilim issued the order on Monday, January 27, while ruling on an application filed by the Minister of the FCT, Nyesom Wike. The minister had approached the court seeking an order compelling the workers to call off the strike pending the determination of the substantive suit. The FCT Minister sued the President and the Secretary of the Joint Union Action Congress (JUAC) over the industrial action embarked upon by FCTA workers. In…
Dangote Refinery has announced a N100 per litre increase in the retail price of Premium Motor Spirit nationwide.In a statement released by the refinery, the gantry price of petrol has risen to N799 per litre, while the retail price now stands at N839 per litre, up from N699 and N739 per litre respectively, which had been in place since December last year. “Under the current alignment, the PMS gantry price is N799 per liter, while MRS retail outlets are selling at N839 per liter,” the company stated. Dangote Refinery had earlier resorted to gasoline imports to boost supply amid downtime…
Kano State Governor, Abba Yusuf, has officially defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC) alongside 22 members of the Kano State House of Assembly and nine members of the House of Representatives. The governor announced the decision at a political event held at the Coronation Hall, Government House, Kano on Monday. Addressing party leaders, lawmakers and supporters at the event, Governor Yusuf said the decision followed extensive consultations with elected representatives and key stakeholders across the state. “After wide consultation, 22 out of 24 members of the Kano State House of Assembly and nine out of 14 members of the…
The Nigerian military has confirmed that findings from an investigation into 16 detained personnel have linked some officers to an alleged attempted coup to overthrow the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu. The confirmation followed the conclusion of investigations into allegations of indiscipline and breaches of service regulations involving the officers. According to the military, officers against whom substantial evidence has been established will be formally arraigned before a military judicial panel to face trial in line with existing laws. In a statement titled “Update on Disciplinary Cases Involving Sixteen Officers Investigated for Indiscipline, Breach of Service Regulations,” the Director…
The prosecution informed the court that its opening statement could not be delivered as scheduled and would instead be presented when the matter resumes on Tuesday. Proceedings in the alleged corruption trial of former OPEC President and ex–Nigerian Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, were stalled on Monday at the Crown Court in Southwark due to technical difficulties. A source in Court 4 told SaharaReporters that no substantive progress was made before Mrs Justice Thornton after prosecutors complained of the absence of internet access in the courtroom, a problem that prevented the case from moving forward. The prosecution informed the court that…
Ademola Adeleke, governor of Osun, has asked President Bola Tinubu to intervene and order the release of the state’s LG allocations. BACKGROUND In February 2025, the Osun government held elections in the 30 local councils of the state. The exercise was marred by violence, disputes, and legal battles as the sacked LGA chairpersons elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) sought to reclaim their seats, citing a court judgement. Lateef Fagbemi, the attorney-general of the federation (AGF) and minister of justice, advised Adeleke to direct the state electoral commission to halt the process. Fagbemi said the ousted LGA chairpersons must be…
In a move to enforce compliance with the state’s directive against the controversial Monday sit-at-home order, the Anambra State Governor, Chukwuma Soludo, has ordered the immediate shutdown of the Onitsha Main Market and other adjoining markets for one week, in the first instance. The governor announced that if traders failed to open at the expiration of the one-week shutdown, the market would be closed for another week and subsequently for longer periods. “And let me tell you this: as I’m speaking to you now, when I finish this. This whole main market and all the adjoining …will be locked down…
Venezuela’s acting president, Delcy Rodríguez, said Sunday she has had “enough” of Washington’s orders, as she works to unite the country after the US capture of former leader Nicolás Maduro. Rodríguez has been walking a tightrope since being backed by the US to lead the country in the interim, balancing the need to keep Maduro loyalists on board at home while trying to satisfy the White House. Now, almost a month into her new role, she has pushed back on the US amid ongoing pressure, including a series of demands for Venezuela to resume oil production. “Enough already of Washington’s…
A coalition of Nigerian student leaders under the auspices of the Joint Council Leadership Students, have commenced mobilisation of students nationwide to protest what they described as deplorable condition of federal roads across the country, leading to recurring deaths of students and other Nigerians. The nationwide protest is scheduled to hold on 4th February, 2026, to further press on the Federal Government to prioritize federal roads and intervention of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu as well as demand for removal of the Minister of Works over alleged incompetency. In a joint statement on Sunday in Abuja by the Chairman of the…
The Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), has taken over the criminal case brought against a senior lawyer, Mike Ozekhome (SAN), by the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC). The development, however, stalled Ozekhome’s planned arraignment before a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) on the three-count charge filed against him by the ICPC and in which he is accused of, among others, forgery. At the day’s proceedings, the Director of Public Prosecution of the Federation, Rotimi Oyedepo (SAN), said he was representing the AGF and informed the…
