Close Menu
Vardiafrica
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

FG to execute 30% of 2025 capital budget before November 2026 

February 19, 2026

Tinubu, German Chancellor To Collaborate On Security, Power

February 19, 2026

NCDMB and Senate Committee Launch Agribusiness Revolution to Diversify Niger Delta Economy

February 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • FG to execute 30% of 2025 capital budget before November 2026 
  • Tinubu, German Chancellor To Collaborate On Security, Power
  • NCDMB and Senate Committee Launch Agribusiness Revolution to Diversify Niger Delta Economy
  • ICPC Confirms Nasir El-rufai’s Arrest After His Release From EFCC Custody
  • Rivers Assembly halts impeachment proceedings against Gov Fubara, Deputy
  • Air Force One to Be Repainted For the First Time in 50 Years in President Trump’s Preferred Colors
  • Tinubu Issues Executive Order To Safeguard Oil And Gas Revenues, Direct Payments To Federation Account
  • President Tinubu signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2026 into law
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
VardiafricaVardiafrica
Demo
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance
Vardiafrica
Home»Legal»Alleged Cybercrime Case Against Senator Natasha Stalled, Adjourned To Oct 20
Legal

Alleged Cybercrime Case Against Senator Natasha Stalled, Adjourned To Oct 20

VardiafricaBy VardiafricaSeptember 22, 2025Updated:September 22, 2025No Comments3 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The trial against the suspended Kogi Central Senator, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, over alleged cybercrime before Justice Mohammed Umar of the Federal High Court, Abuja, was stalled following an objection raised by the defendant.

Akpoti-Uduaghan had been arraigned on June 30 on a six-count charge filed by the Director of Public Prosecution of the Federation (DPPF), Mohammed Abubakar.

She was granted bail, following which Justice Mohammed Umar adjourned till September 22 for the commencement of the trial.

But at the resumed hearing, counsel for the prosecution, David Kaswe, who had a Television mounted, told the court that they were ready to proceed with the trial, and the first witness was already present in court

Responding, counsel for the defendant, Ehiogie West-Idahosa (SAN), expressed concern about the possibility of the prosecution opening its case.

He added that his client had filed a notice of preliminary objection to challenge the court’s jurisdiction to hear the case.

He said the objection is not to the nature of the charge, but the alleged abuse of the prosecutorial powers of the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF).

The defence lawyer also complained about not being served with copies of the statements of the prosecution witnesses.

Although the Prosecution Counsel argued that the objection filed by the defendant should not be allowed to stall the court’s business for the day, Justice Umar insisted that the prosecution must first respond to the objection.

The judge said he intended to first determine the objection raised by the defence before taking any further steps in the case.

He subsequently fixed October 20 for the hearing of the objection.

Alleged Cybercrime

Akpoti-Uduaghan is, in the charge brought under the Cybercrimes Prohibition, Prevention, etc (Amendment) Act 2024, alleged to have transmitted false information via electronic means with the intention to malign, incite, and endanger lives and breach public order.

The charge claims that Akpoti-Uduaghan, while addressing a gathering on April 4, 2025, in Ihima, Kogi State, alleged that the Senate President, Senator Godswill Akpabio, instructed a former governor of Kogi, Yahaya Bello, to have her killed in the state.

She was also alleged to have, in a television interview, repeated similar claims, to the effect that the Senate President and the former governor plotted to kill her in her state

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Vardiafrica
  • Website
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • Instagram

Related Posts

FG Sues El-Rufai Over Alleged Interception of NSA Ribadu’s phone conversation

February 16, 2026

Judge Withdraws From Malami’s N213bn Asset Forfeiture Case

February 12, 2026

Appeal Court Upholds Senator Natasha’s suspension, Says Senate Acted Within Its Powers

February 10, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202495

Trump set for White House return, vows to sign 100 Executive Orders in ‘Hours’ 

January 20, 202549

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 202543

You rejected party structure’ – PDP knocks Fubara, says Rivers Gov, Bala Mohammed may face disciplinary action

October 15, 202442
Don't Miss
Government
Government By VardiafricaFebruary 19, 20262 Mins Read0

FG to execute 30% of 2025 capital budget before November 2026 

By VardiafricaFebruary 19, 20260 Government Updated:February 19, 202602 Mins Read

The federal government has announced that 30 per cent of the 2025 capital budget will…

Tinubu, German Chancellor To Collaborate On Security, Power

February 19, 2026

NCDMB and Senate Committee Launch Agribusiness Revolution to Diversify Niger Delta Economy

February 19, 2026

ICPC Confirms Nasir El-rufai’s Arrest After His Release From EFCC Custody

February 19, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us
About Us

Your source for the verified news.

Email Us: info@vardiafrica.com
Contact: +234 905 338 5856

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

FG to execute 30% of 2025 capital budget before November 2026 

February 19, 2026

Tinubu, German Chancellor To Collaborate On Security, Power

February 19, 2026

NCDMB and Senate Committee Launch Agribusiness Revolution to Diversify Niger Delta Economy

February 19, 2026
Most Popular

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202495

Trump set for White House return, vows to sign 100 Executive Orders in ‘Hours’ 

January 20, 202549

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 202543

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.