Close Menu
Vardiafrica
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

NCDMB and Senate Committee Launch Agribusiness Revolution to Diversify Niger Delta Economy

February 19, 2026

ICPC Confirms Nasir El-rufai’s Arrest After His Release From EFCC Custody

February 19, 2026

Rivers Assembly halts impeachment proceedings against Gov Fubara, Deputy

February 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • NCDMB and Senate Committee Launch Agribusiness Revolution to Diversify Niger Delta Economy
  • ICPC Confirms Nasir El-rufai’s Arrest After His Release From EFCC Custody
  • Rivers Assembly halts impeachment proceedings against Gov Fubara, Deputy
  • Air Force One to Be Repainted For the First Time in 50 Years in President Trump’s Preferred Colors
  • Tinubu Issues Executive Order To Safeguard Oil And Gas Revenues, Direct Payments To Federation Account
  • President Tinubu signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2026 into law
  • Remittance of 1% Nigerian Content Levy Still Mandatory – NCDMB
  • ‘Promote Peace, Pray For Security Of Our Nation,’ Tinubu Tells Nigerians At Lent, Ramadan
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
VardiafricaVardiafrica
Demo
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance
Vardiafrica
Home»Government»Military withdrew from Kebbi school before abduction of students, Kebbi Governor alleges
Government

Military withdrew from Kebbi school before abduction of students, Kebbi Governor alleges

VardiafricaBy VardiafricaNovember 21, 2025Updated:November 21, 2025No Comments6 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Nasir Idris, governor of Kebbi, has raised concern over the “withdrawal of military personnel” from Government Girls Comprehensive Secondary School, Maga, shortly before bandits abducted several students.

Idris spoke on Friday in Birnin Kebbi while receiving Joe Ajaero, president of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), who visited the state to commiserate with him over the attack.

He said the development was troubling, especially as the state had earlier obtained intelligence indicating a likely assault and promptly convened a security meeting to address it.

“As a responsive government, when we received intelligence on a possible attack, we summoned a security meeting,” NAN quoted the governor as saying.

“The security agencies assured us that all was well and that personnel would be mobilised to the school.

“The military was deployed, but they later withdrew by 3 am, and by 3:45 am, the incident happened.”

Idris also said the state had demanded a thorough inquiry into the circumstances that led to the withdrawal of troops.

“Who authorised the military to withdraw? How did security personnel pull out at such a critical time? That is our concern. We have asked the military to investigate and identify who gave that order,” the governor said.

Idris said state and federal governments were working relentlessly to secure the release of the abducted schoolgirls.

“Our duty as leaders is to ensure that our daughters return home safely, and we are doing everything possible to achieve that,” he said.

“We thank President Bola Tinubu for directing Vice-President Kashim Shettima to visit us, and for ensuring that the minister of state for defence, Alhaji Bello Matawalle, has relocated to Kebbi.”

He said clerics had also been instructed to intensify prayers for the safe return of the victims and for lasting peace in the state.

“What is happening in this country shows that enemies are working against this government,” he added.

“We return to God and continue to pray for divine intervention.”

Idris described Ajaero’s visit as significant, saying it showed solidarity during a difficult period for the state.

“You left your schedules to visit us, and we appreciate it,” the governor said.

“We assure you that we will do everything humanly possible to rescue our daughters and return them safely to their homes.”

‘ANY ATTEMPT TO STOP THE TIDE OF PROGRESS WILL NEVER SUCCEED’

Earlier, Ajaero said the incident was disturbing and occurred at a time when the state was recording notable gains in governance under Idris.

He said the labour movement believed the kidnapping was “more than a mere coincidence”, adding that any effort to disrupt the progress recorded by the state would not succeed.

“This incident came at a time when the state is witnessing good service delivery and development under the leadership of Gov. Idris,” he said.

“Any attempt to stop the tide of progress will never succeed. We are ready to place the state side-by-side with others in terms of development.

“This is a distraction, but we urge you to stand firm; we sympathise with you and we are with you.”

Ajaero said the NLC would review its policy direction to support efforts aimed at strengthening security in schools and communities across the country.

“We will go back to the drawing board to make our policy statement until we have clear pathways on how to secure our schools and borders,” he said.

“Security issues should not be politicised. We feel your pain; we will not allow this matter to be localised. It is our hope that a lasting solution will be found.

“There is always a turning point; we are in pain, but we will deal with this in unison.”

Hassan Makuku, the school’s vice-principal, died during the attack; while Ali Shehu, a security guard, sustained a gunshot injury to his right hand.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Vardiafrica
  • Website
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • Instagram

Related Posts

Tinubu Issues Executive Order To Safeguard Oil And Gas Revenues, Direct Payments To Federation Account

February 18, 2026

President Tinubu signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2026 into law

February 18, 2026

‘Promote Peace, Pray For Security Of Our Nation,’ Tinubu Tells Nigerians At Lent, Ramadan

February 18, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202495

Trump set for White House return, vows to sign 100 Executive Orders in ‘Hours’ 

January 20, 202549

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 202543

You rejected party structure’ – PDP knocks Fubara, says Rivers Gov, Bala Mohammed may face disciplinary action

October 15, 202442
Don't Miss
Business
Business By VardiafricaFebruary 19, 20262 Mins Read0

NCDMB and Senate Committee Launch Agribusiness Revolution to Diversify Niger Delta Economy

By VardiafricaFebruary 19, 20260 Business Updated:February 19, 202602 Mins Read

In a strategic move to shift the Niger Delta’s economic dependence from crude oil to…

ICPC Confirms Nasir El-rufai’s Arrest After His Release From EFCC Custody

February 19, 2026

Rivers Assembly halts impeachment proceedings against Gov Fubara, Deputy

February 19, 2026

Air Force One to Be Repainted For the First Time in 50 Years in President Trump’s Preferred Colors

February 18, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us
About Us

Your source for the verified news.

Email Us: info@vardiafrica.com
Contact: +234 905 338 5856

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

NCDMB and Senate Committee Launch Agribusiness Revolution to Diversify Niger Delta Economy

February 19, 2026

ICPC Confirms Nasir El-rufai’s Arrest After His Release From EFCC Custody

February 19, 2026

Rivers Assembly halts impeachment proceedings against Gov Fubara, Deputy

February 19, 2026
Most Popular

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202495

Trump set for White House return, vows to sign 100 Executive Orders in ‘Hours’ 

January 20, 202549

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 202543

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.