Close Menu
Vardiafrica
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

EU Releases €2.3m to Fight Cholera As Nigeria Gets €1.5m

August 17, 2026

NARD recommends 48-hour work week for resident doctors ‘to prevent burnout’

August 17, 2026

NDLEA destroys N301bn worth of cocaine, heroin, opioids, others in Lagos

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • EU Releases €2.3m to Fight Cholera As Nigeria Gets €1.5m
  • NARD recommends 48-hour work week for resident doctors ‘to prevent burnout’
  • NDLEA destroys N301bn worth of cocaine, heroin, opioids, others in Lagos
  • NDDC MD asks youths to use AI to drive Niger Delta’s shift from oil to digital economy
  • NCAA to Automate Baggage Tracking to Eliminate Missing Luggage, Delays
  • Airtel and Elon Musk’s Starlink launch Africa’s first satellite-to-phone service in DRC
  • President Tinubu congratulates Gov Adeleke, says victory reflects people’s will
  • FG Unveils Mechanization Policy, Targets 4,000 Tractors Annually
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
VardiafricaVardiafrica
Demo
  • Home
  • Politics
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • US & Canada
    • World
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Film & Drama
    • Ent & Arts
  • Science
    • Health Science
    • Luxury
  • Finance
Vardiafrica
Home»Politics»World»Kim Jong-un’s new North Korean warship capsizes and sinks in front of his eyes in launch disaster
World

Kim Jong-un’s new North Korean warship capsizes and sinks in front of his eyes in launch disaster

VardiafricaBy VardiafricaMay 22, 2025Updated:May 22, 2025No Comments5 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

North Korean supreme leader, Kim Jong-un, was left raging at a launch ceremony after a new North Korean naval destroyer capsized and sank in front of him.

According to Mail Online, Kim watched on in horror as the 5,000-ton ship was severely damaged after failing to launch properly.

Kim Jong-un

He declared the mishap a ‘criminal act caused by absolute carelessness’ that ‘could not be tolerated’.

Kim has ordered the destroyer to be restored before a June party meeting, according to the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).

Kim Jong-un

The outlet confirmed that during the ceremony on Wednesday, ‘a serious accident occurred’.

In a statement, KCNA said: ‘Due to immature command and operational negligence, the parallel movement of the bogies could not be guaranteed, resulting in the launching sled in the stern detaching first and causing the ship to capsize.

‘The ship’s balance was destroyed due to a rupture in the hull in some sections, and the bow section was unable to detach from the keel.’

Kim was less than impressed by the blunder, saying: ‘This is a serious accident and criminal act that could not have happened and could not be tolerated due to pure carelessness, irresponsibility, and unscientific empiricism,’ the agency reported.

He continued: ‘The urgent restoration of the destroyer is not a simple practical issue, but a political issue directly related to the authority of the country.’ 

‘It must be completed unconditionally before the June plenary session of the Central Committee of the Party’, he added.

The ship that held the launching ceremony this time appears to be of the same class as the 5,000-ton destroyer Choi Hyun-ho that North Korea launched last month.

Jo Chun Ryong, a secretary in the ruling Workers’ Party, claimed the ship was equipped with the ‘most powerful weapons’ and was built ‘within 400-odd days’

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Vardiafrica
  • Website
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • Instagram

Related Posts

Airtel and Elon Musk’s Starlink launch Africa’s first satellite-to-phone service in DRC

August 16, 2026

Nationals of 4 African countries in US face deportation risk as Trump ends temporary protection

August 16, 2026

China pledges N40bn grant for Devt projects in Nigeria

August 14, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 2025456

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202497

You rejected party structure’ – PDP knocks Fubara, says Rivers Gov, Bala Mohammed may face disciplinary action

October 15, 202453

Trump set for White House return, vows to sign 100 Executive Orders in ‘Hours’ 

January 20, 202551
Don't Miss
Health
Health By VardiafricaAugust 17, 20262 Mins Read1

EU Releases €2.3m to Fight Cholera As Nigeria Gets €1.5m

By VardiafricaAugust 17, 20261 Health Updated:August 17, 202602 Mins Read

The European Commission has released €2.3 million in emergency humanitarian funding to Nigeria, Cameroon, the…

NARD recommends 48-hour work week for resident doctors ‘to prevent burnout’

August 17, 2026

NDLEA destroys N301bn worth of cocaine, heroin, opioids, others in Lagos

August 17, 2026

NDDC MD asks youths to use AI to drive Niger Delta’s shift from oil to digital economy

August 17, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us
About Us

Your source for the verified news.

Email Us: [email protected]
Contact: +234 905 338 5856

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

EU Releases €2.3m to Fight Cholera As Nigeria Gets €1.5m

August 17, 2026

NARD recommends 48-hour work week for resident doctors ‘to prevent burnout’

August 17, 2026

NDLEA destroys N301bn worth of cocaine, heroin, opioids, others in Lagos

August 17, 2026
Most Popular

Nigeria Takes Over G-24 Leadership, Pledges Push For Global Economic Reforms

October 15, 2025456

FG exempts SMEs, farmers, manufacturers from paying withholding tax

July 2, 202497

You rejected party structure’ – PDP knocks Fubara, says Rivers Gov, Bala Mohammed may face disciplinary action

October 15, 202453

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.