Farah Dagogo replies Wike: I am not a cultist
Rep Farah Dagogo said the real reason Governor Nyesom Wike declared him wanted was to prevent him from attending screening for the governorship seat in Rivers today.
Dagogo, like Wike is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party and represents Bonny-Degema federal Constituency.
In a statement by his SA Media and publicity, Ibrahim Lawal, Dagogo vehemently denied Wike’s allegation, linking him with cultists.
Wike accused him of organizing cultists to disrupt the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) screening of National and State Assembly aspirants.
Dagogo described the accusation as illogical, as he is not contesting National or state Assembly seat and was not even near the venue of the screening in Port Harcourt.
Read the full statement:
1. Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo is not a cultist and did not send anyone to disrupt the screening exercise.
2. Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo was never at the Party Secretariat where the screening process took place. He is Governorship aspirant and not National or State Assembly aspirant.
3. The Governor has taken the decision to credit Hon. Dagogo as sponsor of Cultists in order to stop the screening of Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo scheduled for tomorrow, April 28, 2022, for the Governorship position of Rivers State.
4. That the directives for the arrest of Hon. Dagogo violates the spirits of Section 14 and 33 of the Constitution of the Frderal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (As Amended).
5. That the Inspector General of Police should direct the Commissioner of Police, Rivers State not to heed to the directives of the Governor in this circumstance. If the Commissioner of Police, Rivers State considers it incumbent to invite Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo, he is willing to make himself available on the receipt of an official invite from the police after tomorrow’s screening and not before.
6. Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo is a respectable and law abiding Federal Lawmaker representing the people of Degema/Bonny Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives
7. The National Chairman of the PDP is invited to urgently investigate the matters.
7. Civil Society Organizations are urged to protect democracy in Nigeria.
UserCommentValuable Users idea's